Shift-1st shift position but must be flexible for occasional nights and weekends as needed
Travel- minimal-10% or less
Job Description: Maintain continuous system operation by adjusting, repairing, replacing, or modifying automation/robotic system components.
This job requires an energetic responsible, mature individual with high mechanical comprehension. Must have the ability to work independently and make decisions with the ability to work in a quick pace environment. Written and conversational English required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and components and return to serviceability.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance actions on all subsystems and related components.
- Understanding of PLC’s.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics, mechanical diagrams including complex automated system drawings. Organize and develop documentation (specifications, schematics, and procedures).
- Proper use of power tools and measuring equipment.
- Strong awareness of safety.
- Analyzes and implements changes to resolve problems.
- Assist the Quality Assurance Team in the qualification process of automated systems.
- Records procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or method.
- Assists in developing and designing hardware and software required for all automation solutions per specifications.
- Trains other technicians and operators on products, processes and equipment.
- Strong communication
- Able to multitask
- Highly motivated
- Team oriented
- High Mechanical Comprehension
- Requires an Associate’s Degree, military training, equivalent vocational training, or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years of related experience depending upon background Skills /Abilities:
- Computer; Excel, Word, SharePoint and capable of working in various databases
The right candidate will be highly self-motivated, HANDS-ON and enjoy working in a fast paced constantly changing work environment.
About Sheffield Pharmaceuticals:
Sheffield Pharmaceuticals produces a wide range of over the counter drugs and cosmetics, in various packaging forms including tubes, bottles, single use packets and jars. Sheffield distributes to the nation’s largest retailers as our partners, and our Dr. Sheffield branded products are sold in over 50,000 stores globally. For our contract packaging and private label customers, our services can include much more than manufacturing, as we provide services in areas like sales & marketing, formula refinement in our labs, product development from concept to execution, fulfillment logistics, cost-effective chemicals procurement, and FDA/EPA regulatory expertise. We have been operating continuously in the same 100,000 sq. ft. building in New London Connecticut since 1850. We work with a wide variety of partners, from small start-ups, launching innovative products, to companies like Tom’s of Maine, where Dr. Sheffield produced their toothpaste after a fire destroyed their factory. Sheffield is committed to manufacturing in the United States, being an environmental steward, upholding the highest ethical standards, and creating opportunity for all of our employees.