We are currently seeking a quality and customer focused QC Chemist analytical or quality control lab experience. Based in our New London, CT facility, the QC Chemist is responsible for QC analysis, inspections, testing, and related lab-based functions within a manufacturing facility.
- Quality control analysis on incoming raw materials, in-process samples, finished/filled products, process validation/evaluation, stability testing;
- Routine, repetitive checking and testing of production product, including visual and sample inspections of parts used, weights and measures;
- Inspect production (compounding & filling) equipment for various Q.C. aspects;
- Maintain proper documentation for filling quality control as required;
- Assists in experiments relative to the discovery and development of new products;
- Makes pilot batches of experimental products;
- Create processing batch sheets from work orders;
- Create packaging batch records (PBR’s), check artwork, crimp code, log sheets, & shipping requirements;
- Prepare artwork ingredient list;
- Complete Certificate of Analysis for customer orders;
- Send letters and samples to outside contract laboratories;
- Create Bulk labeling stickers;
- General electronic and hard copy file maintenance;
- Housekeeping with respect to records control;
- Maintain and update as needed the NS database and MSDS log;
- Maintain cleanliness and appearance of department;
- Assist in the disposal of hazardous (laboratory) waste;
- Assist in laboratory instrument qualification and/or calibration;
- Act as subject matter expert for laboratory instrumentation or analytical techniques;
- Maintain proper liaison with all departments to contribute to the team philosophy;
- Responsible for following all safety regulations and complying with S.O.P.’s, DEP, EPA, OSHA, FDA, and cGMP’s while performing duties;
- Attend in-house training sessions;
- Other assigned tasks as necessary assigned by Management.
Bachelors degree in chemistry or related field. Minimum of two-years experience in analytical or quality control laboratory.
Sheffield Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunity to employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other basis protected by law.